RMU is a campus (Facebook) community where purpose-driven, God-loving men learn how to succeed and win as husbands, fathers, and leaders.
This group can help you become the REAL MAN God called and created you to be without fear, guilt, or shame (Romans 5:15, Hebrews 12:1-3).
RMU Admission Questions:
Once you’re accepted into Real Men University, you have 7 days to post your answers inside the group to the following MAN-UP questions:
M = What’s the biggest MISTAKE you’ve made as a man?
A = If you could change one ATTITUDE in your life, what would it be?
N = What’s the NEXT big thing you would attempt to do for God if you couldn’t fail?
U = What do you UNDERSTAND better now, as man, that didn’t understand as a younger man?
P = What PROBLEM do you still struggle with as a man even today?
NOTE: If you do not answer the MAN-UP questions within the first week of being admitted, you will be withdrawn from the university (without notice) and have to re-apply for admission.
RMU Code of Conduct:
- DO share resources, strategies, and ideas to help others grow as Christian men. (2 Cor. 9:6-8)
- DO ask questions about specific challenges in any area of your life. (James 1:5)
- DO give your insights and opinions on other men’s posts. (Prov. 27:17)
- DO like and love comments – this small action makes others feel like they are being heard and can help us grow our campus community. (1 Thes. 5:11)
- DO invite men (young and old) you know would be a good fit and will benefit from the group.
- DO show respect to each other at all times in your posts and comments. (1 Peter 2:17)
- DO encourage and celebrate each other’s victories. (Romans 12:10-15)
- DO keep the content you share relevant to helping men succeed. (Phil 2:3-4)
- DO NOT spam the group (or you will be banned and kicked off campus – no exceptions).
- DO NOT ask for donations, charitable contributions, votes, shares, etc.
- DO NOT start posts with links to your own content (unless asked by the administrator).
- DO NOT share posts from other Facebook pages you manage.
- DO NOT make a post where you catch yourself saying, “I know we’re not supposed to but…” or thinking “I probably shouldn’t but…” or “I don’t know if this follows the guidelines but…” (Just keep to the DOs and DON’Ts).
- DO NOT brag about your weekend or your life without giving the men here a tangible takeaway for their own lives.
Our faculty members will periodically post a quick/short lesson (via video, article, or audio link) covering a topic in the area of their expertise. These distinguished faculty members were hand-selected, so you can be confident that the information they provide will be biblically-based, proven, and spirit-filled. The general topics areas will include, but not limited to:
- Business Man 101 – TBA
- Lust-Free Living 101 – Prof. Carl Stewart
- Man & His Money 101 – Prof. Darius Carter
- Single Man/Manhood 101 – Prof. Eric Terry Sr. & Dr. Joe Martin
- Man & His Marriage 101 – Prof. Eric Terry Sr. & Prof. Carl Stewart
- Leading Man/Noble Man 101 – Dr. David Banks, Marty Miller, & Dr. Joe Martin
- Man & His Children 101 – Prof. Frederick Gray & Dr. Joe Martin
- Healthy Man 101 – TBA
Office Hours: Scheduled FaceBook Live Chats with Dr. Joe and other faculty members.
Weekly Class Schedule:
Each day you will be prompted to comment, share, and participate in a discussion that will help each of us grow in different areas of our lives. The more you share, the more we all grow.
Motivate-Me Monday: Matt 19:26
Share or post something in the comments that will get us up and get us going this week.
Memory-Verse Monday: Joshua 1:8
Tell us a Bible verse you will memorize and meditate on this week.
Take-Action Tuesday: James 2:14-17
Tell us ONE thing you WILL DO this week to help you achieve one of your goals (or else).
Temple-Building Tuesday: 1 Cor 6:19
What will you do this week to take better care of your body?
Wealthy-Man Wednesday: Prov 22:7
Tell us a new (or old) strategy you’ve learned to earn, save, make money or avoid debt.
War-Day Wednesday: Prov. 27:17
Let us know how the Warriors can pray for you today.
Teach-Me Thursday: 1 John 1:9
What mistake, mishap or bad choice did you make this week, and what did you learn from it?
Trust Him Thursday: 2 Tim 1:7
What fear do you want to overcome and conquer this week?
Family-Man Friday: 1 Cor 13:4-8
What will you do this weekend to strengthen your relationship with your wife/girlfriend, children, family or friends?
Forgiveness Friday: Mark 11:25
Who does God want you to forgive today?
Share-Day Saturday: Heb 13:16
What tool, app, book, or resource has helped you improve your life in any way?
Support You Saturday: Prov 25:28
What hurting habit do you need to die to this week?
Success Sunday: 1 Thes 5:18
What victory or success would you like to thank God for this week? Let us celebrate with you.
Sunday School: Heb 10:24-25
Bless us! What lesson did you learn or take-away from church today?